Tuthill Porsche is based in Oxfordshire and completes restoration projects and builds bespoke road cars. All aspects of Porsche rebuilds are carried out in-house, including engine and transmission builds, rust repair, metal fabrication, roll cage installation and full body paint. We are synonymous with the world’s most successful historic Porsche rally and race cars and have worked with some of rallying’s greatest names.
We care about our employees and want them to thrive! Working at Tuthill Porsche provides the opportunity to work in our state of the art building, with a friendly team.
Due to continuous growth, we are recruiting for a Finance Supervisor to join the Finance team! The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support and assisting with the day to day accounting of the Company’s finance function. This includes responsibility of the AP ledger together with supporting the Management Accountant In expenses reporting and analysis
The working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00 with a 45 minute lunch break
Reporting to: Management Accountant
Location: Tuthill Estate, Wardington, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 1RY
- Responsible for the management of AP ledger for the business
- Manage, process and streamline the day to day operational transactions together with paperflow for the AP ledger
- Manage the AP element of the cash flow forecast, to Include cash timing together with assisting the Management Accountant of weekly and monthly cashflow forecasts as required
- Prepare and review weekly supplier payments and submit for approval to agreed deadlines
- Working closely with the management accountant to support month end completion
- Raise as required PO’s for site overheads
- Production of weekly creditors reports for review and to Include reconciliation to control accounts
- Regular supplier statement reconciliation for review and to agreed deadlines
- Liaise with operational staff In resolving escalated supplier Invoice Issues, together with accruals and prepayments
- Assist the Management Accountant In the production of expense analysis as necessary
- Prepare a monthly schedule of required cost accrual and prepayments and submit to the Management Accountant
- Develop strong accounts payable controls aligned to strategic development plans and suggest new ways of working efficiently
- Support the Management Accountant with quarterly VAT returns
- Develop AP reporting and work closely with purchasing, reporting on supplier spend, ensuring terms maintained are sufficient for business needs
- Ensuring all invoices/statements are received and issued/processed in timely manner
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure queries are dealt with in a timely manner to not Impact supplies
- Management of accounts @ inbox ensuring workflow Is maintained and managed
- Understand the Finance and In house system to be able to utilise effectively
- Suggest new ways of working and champion changes throughout the business
- Daily management of fuel, credit cards and petty cash
- Ensure transactions are posted daily and right first time
Skills and Personal Attributes
- A detailed end to end understanding of purchase ledger processes, Impact on finance, management reporting and on the wider business
- AAT qualified
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Intermediate level in Excel is essential
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong reconciliation skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to priorities own workload and manage conflicting priorities
- Positive and proactive approach
- Self-motivated and uses own initiative
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Guaranteed time off over Christmas
- A bespoke Health and Wellbeing Package, Looking After Me
- An on-site gym
- Free parking
- After work team activities
- Ice cream van visits on those warm days!
- Bi-annual staff events
- Fish and Chip Fridays
Above and beyond
We provide an exceptional, unique, and outstanding service to our clients, always striving to exceed expectations through the passion and enthusiasm of our people.
Passion lies at the heart of everything we do, grown on the firm foundations of our heritage, our people are passionate about creating and delivering experiences and memories for our customers.
Show you care
Joy, fun and happiness are important to us. We are companionable and good-humoured with an outgoing approach.
We are more when we work together, working with our clients, working with our stakeholders, working as team.
Enter your details below and one of our team will be in touch shortly.